Many of you have access to multiple services, which are offering newsletters or weekly summaries, and that means a lot of emails. To organise your inbox, Gmail offers mail filtering for similar messages. This tutorial will explain you how to create a simple message filter.
1. After you log in to your Gmail account, in the search box at the top, click the Down arrow .
2. Enter your search criteria based on your needs and then chose "Create filter with this search"
3. Another menu will open, where you can select the label for this type of messages. By clicking on "Apply the label", you will have a possibility to "Create a new label" or chose already existing one.
4. If you don't want to see the incoming messages in your general mailbox (you want to see them only in your label), you can select "Skip the Inbox (Archive it)".
5. When you are done, press "Create filter". Your filter will be applied on the new incoming messages, or on all matching conversations if you selected "Also apply filter to [number] matching conversations".
In order to see and manage created labels, click on the Settings , pick "Filters and Blocked Addresses" and select the filter you want to edit.